19 Feb 2013

THE BREAKFAST CLUB

I woke up early on a Saturday morning to go for brunch at the Breakfast Club in Angel, motivated to get out of bed after hearing stories about their amazing eggs benedict. We were a group of four and had to queue for more than an hour. I got severely hangry and started ranting about how we were such gullible followers of the crowd and that it didn’t even make sense to wait when there was plenty of other places to eat on the same street. I thought it was just the hanger talking, but I have to say it’s kind of true; it was overrated. The Eggs Benedict were far from competing with the best I’ve tried; the yolk wasn’t runny enough and the bread was dry. The avocado side was completely drenched in lemon, indicating that it’s made in a batch and needs lemon in order to not turn brown. What I will give the Breakfast Club credit for though, is the chorizo side, an amazing treat for just £2 that was so good we had to ask for a doggy bag for the leftovers. The beverages were also great; I had an Elvis peanut butter and banana milkshake and Superman fruit and vegetable juice. It was a decent place with a nice atmosphere, but I wouldn’t queue up again.



31 Camden Passage, Angel, London, N1 8EA